The impact of music in my life is so high that I decided to learn it at the age of thirty-three. Though, a bit late, but still not late enough to nourish my hunger for knowledge in the concerned field.
As far as my childhood memories are concerned, I still remember that I always enjoyed music in every form. Whether a lullaby, a devotional song, a hymn, folk song or a movie mix, I always cherished every form of music and always tried to explore more of it to enjoy it from my heart.
Benefits of music
- It boost the mood of a person and helps to stay happier from within. Music can keep a check on your mood swings. If you are feeling irritated or low, just listen to a happy and lively song, and you will start feeling the difference soon. In fact, researches have proven that it has the capability of providing a same degree of happiness to people that can be derived from eating chocolates or having sex.
- Studies have proven that music has a considerable impact on child’s brain and helps in brain development in a positive way. That is the reason music therapy is used to treat kids suffering from autism. It is known to enhance verbal and visual skills of a child.
- In fact, it is considered as an antidote for aging brain and helps the brain of the aged people to stay healthy and respond properly.
- When you are happy, your Blood Pressure, Heart Rate, and Pulse Rate remains healthy. Isn’t it a great way to stay healthy and jovial?
- As it is known to reduce stress and anxiety, it automatically helps you to get an optimum sleep.
- When you sleep well, your immune system stays healthy. Also, it keeps a check on depression.
Over the years, people have been listening to music. Initially, it was a Gramophone that allowed people to feel the bliss of music. With the advent of technology, other gadgets like radio, transistors and music systems were introduced.
To make the cables you need to have the necessary raw materials. For example, you need to have plastic or glass. You also need to have the cable making machine. To make the cable you should start by heating your raw materials (glass or plastic) at ultra high temperatures and then draw fibers at very high speeds (66 feet per second).
When drawing out the fibers you should monitor them using mirometer. This is to ensure that the diameter is uniform from the start to finish.
For the fibers to transmit data over long distances you need to ensure that they are highly reflective. You can easily do this by creating a mirror effect within the fiber. You do this by passing the fibers through ultraviolet ovens and coating cups.
Once you have your reflective fiber with you, you should subject it to a number of tests to ensure that it’s in perfect condition. Some of the tests that you should subject it to include: refractive index profile, tensile strength, bandwidth, fiber geometry, attenuation, temperature dependence, operating temperature, and ability to conduct light underwater.
It’s only after the fibers have passed these tests should you package ensemble them in a cable. You can make a cable with one fiber strand or with a number of strands. It all depends on the application.
To assemble the cable you need to surround the fibers with a loose tube of PVC. This is to ensure that there is enough room for the cable to bend when being routed around corners.
You should then cover the loose PVC with a layer of aramid yarn. The main function of the layer is to absorb shock. Finally, you should seal out moisture by installing an outer PVC jacket.
For the optic cable to transmit data you need to connect it to optical transmitter and receiver. The transmitter converts analog and electrical signals into linear modulating light signals.
The optical receiver on the other hand accepts the light signal and reformats the data into the original form.
All those who have installed a cloud app like iCloud, Dropbox and Google+ need to understand that their pictures get uploaded automatically. It is an alarming concern for which you need to be careful while you are busy clicking and saving pictures. You also need to understand that when you delete a picture from your device then don’t assume that it is erased from cloud as well. It is just a scratch on the surface of stuff. If you want to remove it from there then you need to login to your Cloud account and get rid of it from there manually.
Data encryption goes a long way when it comes to data privacy and security. All your files get saved locally but when you share them then you require encryption. There are numerous ways to encrypt a file; given here are three most popular data encryption methods.
The most popular medium of encryption is 7-Zip that helps encrypt files that are in an archive. A passphrase is used to protect archived items. If you are using Windows 7, then you can download it easily. After downloading it the menu of 7-Zip will be added to your File Explorer and from here, you encrypt your files.
- For encrypting multiple files, select a file and right-click, then select 7-Zip, and add it to archive
- Name the archive folder along with a passphrase to protect it, now your file gets encrypted
- You can perform it on the cloud as well as your e-mail
BitLocker is yet another tool for encrypting your drives. The feature of TrueCrypt enables in encrypting sets of files as a container. For Linux users they can use Tomb for this purpose, and then your complete hard drive is going to get encrypted. It comes handy for local storage of your system. This program is available for free if you would want more out of it then you will need to go for the paid version.
PGP or Pretty Good Privacy is the most effective data encryption tool. You can create and manage your files with it by using gpg4win for Windows 7 users. If you are a Mac OS X user, then you can use the GPG tools by using GnuPG.
PGP, however, helps in two ways by providing a private and a public key that helps in encrypting your messages and files. If you want to encrypt a file for another user then use the public encrypt key but if you want to decrypt a file then use the private key.
Scheduled System Backups
Maintaining a routine monthly schedule of successful data back ups is critical to every organization. If systems become out of sync, fail to back up correctly, or at all, it can pose as a liability to your organization. Backups are vital for making sure your system and network remains stable and secure from outside attack.
Accelerate Your Network
If your organization uses a wide area file system with multiple users contributing to documents, it can be difficult to figure out which version of a document is the most current. A network accelerator is a type of time server that keeps the time synchronized between multiple devices and users so that multiple people can collaborate on a project, even in real time.
Should something go wrong with your network, the first place to turn to find out what went wrong is the system log. This log is a key piece of troubleshooting and diagnosing problems. However, if these logs are not synchronized, it can take much longer to find the problem and repair system functioning and performance.
Intrusion Awareness and Analysis
In the event that someone is able to hack into your network, you will want to know how the network became compromised and what data might have been accessed by the intruder. This is only possible if your router and service logs are accurately time stamped. Usually, hackers will delete these system logs, however, if they do not and your time data is inaccurate, hackers will have more time and opportunities to exploit the network.
Sometimes, regulatory agencies such as HIPAA and GLBA, as well as others, require your data and transactions to be accurately time stamped. This can aid in the transparency of your business operations, and help speed things along in the event of an audit.
We used to describe technology as…
“the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts,engineering, applied science, and pure science.”
Now… it’s defined as…
“the sum of the ways in which social groups provide themselves with the material objects of their civilization.”
Do you find yourself constantly checking email, text messages or social media? Is your smartphone or tablet the first thing you reach for in the morning, or the last thing you put down at night? If this sounds like you, then you are tethered to technology and probably missing out on what is actually going on around you.
Below are some tips on how to disconnect – so you can connect with your family, friends and with your kids from Working Mother Magazine.
- Customize your notifications. Give important contacts (your husband, boss, nanny, etc.) their own ringtones and text tones. Only respond to key contacts when you’re trying to have uninterrupted time with your kids, family or friends. Everyone else can wait.
- Create tech-free zones. Make a pact that you’ll stay off your phone during key “connect times”. Those should include meal times, when you’re in the car with your husband, wife or kids, and an hour or so before your child’s bedtime. Kids feel more valued when you actually look at them and listen to them without any distractions.
- Set specific “check in” times. If you have to be on call for work issues at night or on weekends, let co-workers know you’ll check for messages once an hour, or at specified times. That way, there’s no need to glance constantly at your phone. Tell your family or friends about your check-in policy so they know ahead of time what to expect.
- Remind yourself that you’re setting an example. If you create some tech boundaries for yourself, your child is more likely to follow your family’s rules with his or her electronics.
There are always exceptions to technology rules, but do yourself a favor and disconnect every once in a while. Time goes by so fast, and you don’t want to miss out on amazing things that are going on around you in the physical world.